Duxbury school officials said claims that an elementary school student was sexually assaulted by an administrator were “untrue” and “harmful.”
In a letter to families on Tuesday, Duxbury schools interim Superintendent Danielle Klingaman said the allegations were made by the family of a student, which has not responded to requests for more information, WCVB reported. The administrator has since been placed on paid leave, in keeping with standard policy, while the district conducts an investigation.
“It is a claim we believe to be blatantly untrue and harmful in its nature,” the district said in the letter. “We are conducting an investigation of this claim without the cooperation of the family and, so far, have found no evidence to support their allegation.”
Klingaman called the allegation “appalling and deeply disturbing,” The Boston Globe reported, and said she is confident an investigation will prove the charges are “without merit.”
“We take matters of this nature seriously and rely on working with families to gather the facts,” she said. “We have invited the family and their counsel to provide us with further information, but, to date, they have not responded.”
According to the letter, school officials are working with local police, the Plymouth County District Attorney’s Office, and the Massachusetts Department of Children and Families. Duxbury police confirmed their involvement in a statement on social media, but did not share any more information.
“Even though we are confident the facts will prove the claims to be false, we are nonetheless disappointed that the family has chosen to make this case public before the allegations have been fully investigated by the district and all appropriate authorities,” Klingaman wrote.
Stay up to date on all the latest news from Boston.com