NBC News is tracking travel restrictions in countries around the world. Here is what travelers need to know, as of June 24. Note that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention state that you should not travel internationally until you are fully vaccinated.
- Fifty-three countries, including Belize, El Salvador, Thailand and Ukraine, are fully open to U.S. travelers and tourists.
- Nine countries are completely closed to Americans, including Switzerland and New Zealand.
- The remaining countries fall somewhere in between, including countries with open borders but under a “Do Not Travel” advisory from the U.S. State Department, and countries open only to vaccinated travelers. There are also countries that offer exceptions for dual-citizens, residents or those with qualifying travel reasons.
- More than 160 countries require a negative Covid-19 test from travelers.
- More than 90 countries have some sort of quarantine requirement.
- More than 70 countries have some sort of curfew in effect.
See the map below for each country’s travel details. This map will be updated in the weeks ahead as circumstances change.