As the coronavirus pandemic surges out of control and President Donald Trump trails in the polls, Trump-supporting Fox News personality Sean Hannity retreated to a familiar strategy on Tuesday: Blame and whine. (See the clip below.)
Hannity accused Democrats and the media of “doing everything they can possibly do to demoralize voters, especially the supporters of the president.”
“They want you to believe there’s no hope under President Trump,” he said on “Hannity.”
The nation has averaged more than 70,000 new COVID-19 cases a day in the past week and deaths are approaching 227,000. Trump, however, continues to downplay the outbreak’s severity and offers no cohesive plan to rein it in. The president also continues holding crowded campaign rallies for mostly maskless fans.
“Despite all of the good news, there is now a constant coronavirus hysteria 24/7 on every other news network,” Hannity complained.
H/T Media Matters
- Get the latest coronavirus updates here.
- What will life be like once a coronavirus vaccine arrives?
- Everything you need to know about face masks right now.
- What should you still be disinfecting to prevent COVID-19?
- Is it possible you had coronavirus earlier this year?
- Constantly arguing with your partner about coronavirus risks? You are not alone.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.