Q. Can you prevent becoming infected with Coronavirus?
A, Nothing in life is guaranteed, but there are steps you can take to improve your chances of not contracting the Coronavirus, we recommend everyone follow these steps:
- Wash your hands frequently using hot water, for at least 20-30 seconds. It is especially important to wash your hands:
- before eating
- before, during, and after you cook/prepare food
- after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose
- after using the bathroom
- after touching animals or handling animal waste
- when your hands are visibly dirty
- when caring for someone that’s sick
- Practice social distancing
- Avoid contact or wash your hands right after touching doorknobs, light switches, gas pumps, atms, point of sale terminals, elevator buttons, doorbells/buzzers, etc.
- Frequently clean and disinfect
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces you touch frequently with household cleaning wipes or sprays.
- Avoid shaking hands with people
- Stay away from crowds and large public gatherings
- Don’t get too close to people when your out in public
- Stay away from people who are sick
- Don’t touch your face, specifically your mouth, nose, or eyes